GAO RFID Asset Tracking System is an integrated real-time RFID tracking and monitoring system. By placing RFID readers at various choke points, such as doorways, and placing RFID tags on important assets the system is able to track the movement of the tagged assets within the site and send out alerts when certain conditions are met. Both active and passive technologies are supported, so the system works with most of GAO’s RFID readers and tags. The system allows for tracking assets at multiple sites with multiple access points.
- 24 hour Unmanned Operation
Once the system is set up and configured, no additional user input is required. When a tagged asset passes through a choke point where an RFID reader is mounted, a record is automatically displayed on the server screen and written into the system database.
- Remote Cloud-based Management
Through its Web browser interface, the system can be managed remotely anywhere an internet connection is available. Tags and assets can be added, edited, and removed by the responsible staff at the head office without them having to travel to the site.
- One System Can Manage Multiple Sites
The system allows for tracking assets at multiple sites with multiple access points
- Alerts and E-mail/ Optional Text Message Notifications*In the system, assets can be divided into groups. The system administrators are able to setup alert conditions for each group so that when certain assets pass through certain choke points a corresponding alert device is activated and e-mail message warnings are sent to responsible staff members. Optionally hardware can be used to deal with the alert condition in the form of a relay or GPIO device. Another option is text (SMS) alerts. *Based on service availability
- Customizable Reports
All activities are stored in the database and reports can be generated by specifying different criteria such as dates, group names, tracking points and asset names.
- User and User Group Management
The system supports multiple users and user groups. The administrator can choose to give different privileges such as tag management, asset management and reporting to different user groups.
- Compatible with all GAO RFID Readers and Tags
- Supports Excel Data Import/Export
- Multiple Deployment Options Available
GAO’s Asset Tracking System is available in the following forms:
- Off-the-shelf software to run on a local server or PC using a networked connection or as an embedded application
- Off-the-shelf cloud services (SaaS)
- Customized software to meet your exact needs to run on a local server or PC using a networked connection or as an embedded application
- Customized cloud services (SaaS) hosted on our cloud server or your private cloud server
- Powered by GAO Auto-ID Engine with such functions as middleware, drivers, Web interface, reporting engine and ERP module
- Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 (included in software package)
- Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 (included in software package) or later
- Microsoft Internet Information Service 6.0 or later