Rail transport managers and operators find it challenging to balance excellent service with both time and cost saving measures; this is why an optimized Railway Management system is continually sought after. The need is to improve productivity, efficiently utilize assets, ensure safety, and provide the highest level of service.
How can a Railway Management System ensure safety?
Whether it’s your passengers, operators, cargo, or trackside workers, a system that can provide information on railcar movement, railway conditions, and wagon maintenance will help ensure your railway operation is always meeting safety standards and protocols.
How can a Railway Management System enhance operations?
A system that can automate train operations monitoring, ensure the integrity of cargo in real-time, and provide instructions to personnel at distribution yards or transfer station regarding railcar cargo will optimize the performance and efficiency of any operation.
How can a Railway Management System boost service?
By providing travel information and simplifying fare collection, a system can help to create a higher level of customer satisfaction for rail passengers.
Here are some common questions we often hear from managers who are struggling with their current Railway Management system:
- We need to track the servicing history that each of our railcars has received
- We want to find a way to secure the cargo we carry and ensure that it is not tampered with
- We are looking for a way to provide real-time travel information to our passengers
- We want better ways of ensuring our trackside work crews are safe
- We need a way to monitor the temperature of the axle bearings for overheating
A Railway Management System using Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is the answer to such problems that you and thousands of rail transport operators face each year.
Railway Management using RFID
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology applications in Railway Management helps to ensure safety, enhance operations, and boost service levels in the rail transport industry. Using a combination of passive and active RFID tags and readers, applications can be setup to provide the following benefits:
- Asset Management for Rail. The ability to track your equipment, railcars, and infrastructure to ensure maximized asset utilization.
- Operations and Productivity. Determine train location, control the positioning of trains to stop at determined positions, and automatically capture the service history of parts, be notified when they are due for servicing, and track their location as they are undergoing maintenance.
- Service and Customer Satisfaction. Receive real-time information on train location and traffic that can be used to update passenger information displays at stations and terminals and automatically collect fares to limit lineups and improve overall travel times.
Does your business need RFID Railway Management?
Are you thinking that your rail transportation can benefit from a Railway Management System that uses RFID? The following questions can help you to decide:
Do you need to know which exact wheel has an abnormal condition on a specific wagon of the train?
Using RFID, you can monitor the temperature of axle bearings and be notified of any overheating that might lead to track and wheel damage.
Do you often carry cargo of high value where you would be required to know the cargo’s integrity throughout the trip?
RFID tags can be integrated with various sensors to send health status from cargo cars to the Railway Management System.
Is it a challenge to communicate the movement of railcars after they enter a distribution yard?
Rail cars tagged with RFID technology can carry data that informs personnel about switching information.
Have you ever lost a rail car after it was mistakenly switched to a wrong track?
RFID tagged rail cars can be identified and located in real-time, saving costly search time and reduces the likelihood of the asset from not being found.
Do you want to make sure you are employing every possible method to ensure the safety of your trackside workers?
A RFID solution can identify where and when trackside personnel are working to reduce risk to them. Train operators are notified in real-time where trackside workers are currently stationed, giving them ample time to implement a slowdown to ensure safety.
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then the GAO RFID Railway Management System can help you get on track.
CREATE A RAILWAY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU. CONTACT US TODAY!