Highly Efficient and Convenient
Management of medical equipment and tools in the diagnostic imaging center is completed by a staff member carrying a handheld PC to automatically track all of the equipment and tools.
What It Tracks
Our RFID system can track all types of diagnostic imaging equipment, such as x-ray machines, ultrasound machines, computerized tomography (CT) scanner, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, positron emission tomography (PET) scanners, x-ray tables and other medical equipment and tools.
How It Works
In order to address these issues, GAO has developed the GAO Diagnostic Imaging Asset Management System based on the newest UHF Gen 2 RFID technology. It consists of the following:
- One or multiple handheld PCS, such as tablet PCS, PDAs (personal digital assistants), EDAs (enterprise digital assistants) or pistol grip intelligent terminals.
- An RFID object tag for each imaging equipment
- An RFID location tag for each area where the imaging equipment is located
The handheld PC is preinstalled with both an RFID reader and the GAO Diagnostic Imaging Asset Management System Software. It also has a built-in Wi-Fi capability to communicate with a server via a local Wi-Fi network for data transferring, an optional barcode scanner and high-definition camera.
An RFID object tag is attached to each imaging equipment for its identification. A suitable tag can be chosen from GAO’s wide selection of tags to fit each of the specific item in the warehouse. There are RFID location tags for all surface types including metal, plastic and glass. A medical employee is able to walk through the medical equipment storeroom where specific imaging equipment are located, whilst carrying a handheld PC to automatically track the location and inventory of all the items within walking distance of the RFID reader. Therefore, this increasingly improved efficiency of accurate scans and it is time efficient as it does not require scanning each piece of equipment.
- No system installation is required since tags are placed on each item and shelves or something indicating location, and each handheld PC has been preinstalled with an RFID reader and GAO Diagnostic Imaging Asset Management System Software
- GAO Diagnostic Imaging Asset Management System utilizes RFID technology and dramatically improves productivity and accuracy. It addressed the issues of barcode-based traditional systems, therefore, providing a more time efficient system in terms of tracking inventory as it can track multiple products at a time and overcome the issue regarding the misread of scan due to barcode damage
- Suitable for all types of x-rays machines and imaging scanners
- Suitable for all medical centers specifically with diagnostic imaging services
- Suitable for any medical equipment storage
- Cost efficient method for equipment and inventory tracking
- One or multiple handheld PCs from GAO, which is preinstalled with a UHF Gen 2 RFID reader and GAO Diagnostic Imaging Asset Management Software
- A UHF RFID object tag for each imaging equipment
- UHF RFID location tags for indicating where each imaging equipment is located
The Issues Addressed
There are several issues with the traditional diagnostic imaging asset management systems, most of which are barcode based or manually operated. In the barcode system, a pre-printed barcode number label is attached to each equipment manually. If these barcode labels get physically damaged or dirty, the barcode scanner could misread or failed to read the barcode. Furthermore, barcodes required to be read from a close distance and direct line of sight in order for the scanner to pick up the barcode. To track the items, a staff member must walk through the storeroom and diagnostic room holding a handheld scanner to visually identify each equipment, scan it at a very close range and repeat this process for every single piece of equipment. This makes the scanning process error-prone, labor-intensive, inefficient and most of all, time consuming.