What It Does
The GAO Fabric & Textile Mills, Leather & Hide Tanning Inventory Management System uses utilizes RFID technology to simplify the process of asset tracking. This system of asset tracking is carried out by merely holding a handheld PC such as a PDA, tablet, pistol grip handheld computer, or an EDA, while walking through the store, and attentively tracking all tagged, physical assets. This method is trustworthy because it improves accuracy, minimizes errors, and saves money & time.
Traditional barcode systems have several flaws. In these outdated systems, a barcode number must be pre-printed on a sticker, then manually placed on each item. If the stickers get damaged or dirty, the barcode scanner could misread or even fail to read the barcode. Due to the fact that barcodes require a direct line of sight and can only be read at short distances, a staff member with a handheld scanner must visually identify each product, scan it at a very close range, and repeat for each item These steps can make the process error-prone, labor-intensive and inefficient.
How It Works
To address these issues, GAO has developed the GAO Fabric & Textile Mills, Leather & Hide Tanning Inventory Management System based on the latest UHF Gen 2 RFID technology. It consists of:
(1) One or multiple handheld PCs, such as tablet PCs, PDAs (personal digital assistant), EDAs (enterprise digital assistant) or pistol grip intelligent terminals
(2) An RFID object tag for each fabric & textile Mills, leather & hide tanning item
(3) An RFID location tag for each shelf or area where the item is located
The handheld PC is preinstalled with both an RFID reader and the GAO Fabric & Textile Mills, Leather & Hide Tanning Inventory Management Software. It also normally has built-in Wi-Fi capability to communicate with a server via a local Wi-Fi network for data transferring, an optional barcode scanner and a high-definition camera.
An RFID object tag is attached to each item for its identification. A suitable tag can be chosen from GAO’s wide selection of tags to fit the specific properties of the products in the mill. There are RFID location tags for all surface types including metal, plastic, fabric and even for specific items such as jewelry and glass. An employee can then walk through the aisles of goods with the handheld PC in their hand, automatically taking the inventory by walking within range of the antique. The RFID reader has a further range than a conventional barcode scanner, automatically tracking the location and inventory of each item simply by walking within the range. Therefore, no manual scanning of each item is needed. This dramatically improves accuracy and efficiency over conventional methods and reduces damage as the clothes made of various materials do not need to be handled by the employee to scan them.
- No system installation is required since tags are simply placed on antiques and shelves or something indicating locations, and each handheld PC has been preinstalled with an RFID reader and GAO Fabric & Textile Mills, Leather & Hide Tanning Inventory Management Software.
- GAO Fabric & Textile Mills, Leather & Hide Tanning Inventory Management System uses RFID technology because it is the best option to master both accuracy and efficiency. It has addressed the issues of the barcode-based conventional systems such as a line of sight requirement and reading errors due to barcode damage.
- Suitable for fabric & textile mill, as well as leather & hide tanning’ goods of all types
- Suitable for any fabric & textile mill, or leather & hide tanning facility of any size
- One or multiple handheld PCs from GAO, which will be preinstalled with a UHF Gen 2 RFID reader and GAO Antique Inventory Management Software
- A UHF RFID object tag for each fabric & textile mill, leather & hide tanning product
- UHF RFID location tags indicating which shelf an item is located
GAO Fabric & Textile Mills, Leather & Hide Tanning Inventory Management System can be effectively used to manage inventories of all kinds.