486004 RFID enabled printer is an ADVANCED FEATURES AND RFID CAPABILITIES IN A COMPACT, EASY-TO-USE DEVICE. Extending regular broad range of RFID printers, the 486004 delivers UHF RFID printing and encoding right to your desktop. Designed for applications where space is at a premium, the compact 486004 offers simple, one-touch printing and encoding, straightforward loading, and automatic RFID calibration. Intuitive to use, it is an ideal choice for applications where technical support staff is not available, such as retail in-store exception tagging.
- Increase printer uptime, and reduce lost productivity and unbudgeted repair costs, by selecting a OneCare™ service agreement. A cost- effective means of planning and budgeting for your annual maintenance expenditures, your agreement ensures that trained technicians will bring your printer back to factory specifications.
- Genuine Supplies
Ensure consistent print quality, reduce downtime and increase productivity in your printing process. We manufacture each supplies product with the exact same materials every time so you always get crisp, readable and scannable output without needing to adjust the printer darkness setting between rolls.
- The Link-OS Environment In-depth
To meet changing expectations and growing demands for devices that are mobile, intelligent and connected to the Cloud, We created a software platform to support its devices: The Link- OS environment. This innovative solution makes printers even easier to integrate, manage and maintain than ever before — from any location.
The Link-OS environment is highly flexible, allowing new and creative ways for users to develop applications that interact with printers from mobile devices located anywhere in the world. Users can perform updates, gather data, and make smarter business choices from new analytic-driven insights.
- Cutting-edge Technology and Features. Simple to Operate.
The 486004 is available in both direct thermal and thermal transfer models and it’s compatible with inlays from all leading suppliers. It can be used with a variety of RFID labels and tags from small, item-level hang tags to large case and pallet labels. Reduce media costs, waste and time spent changing rolls as the 486004 encodes RFID inlays that are spaced closer together. ENERGY STAR qualified, the printer saves you money throughout its lifecycle.
- Advanced Features and Options to Match Your Needs
Able to handle the most demanding applications, the printer features standard Parallel, Serial, USB and Ethernet connectivity; large memory; Choose from options such as cutter and peeler, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-certified communications, and high-resolution 300 dpi printing.
- Simple Integration and Oversight
The 486004 leverages the Link-OS environment — an innovative software platform with powerful applications that enhance the capabilities of the printer, so you can easily integrate it into global operations and manage it from any location.
- Cloud Technology
Featuring the Link-OS Cloud Connect application, these printers can connect to the Cloud directly and securely, forwarding data from any port.
- Access Information at a Touch
With the Link-OS Print Touch app, you can pair the 486004 to NFC-enabled devices with a simple tap, giving you immediate access to the data you need.
- Supports tags compatible with UHF EPC Gen 2 V2, ISO/IEC 18000-63 and RAIN RFID protocols
- Prints and encodes tags with a minimum pitch of 0.6″/16 mm
- Adaptive Encoding Technology simplifies RFID setup and eliminates complex RFID placement
- RFID job monitoring tools track RFID performance
- RFID ZPL commands provide compatibility with existing Zebra RFID printers
- Support for industry standard multi-vendor chip-based serialization (MCS)
- Supports block permalocking of user memory compatible with ATA Spec 2000
- Integrated ThingMagic® RFID Reader/Encoder
- Print methods: Thermal transfer and direct thermal
- ZPL programming language
- Construction: Dual-wall frame
- Tool-less printhead and platen replacement
- OpenACCESS™ for easy media loading
- Quick and easy ribbon loading
- Simplified calibration of media
- Quad connectivity: USB, Parallel, Serial, and Ethernet
- Real time clock
- LCD User Interface
- Print Touch app
- 3″ core adapter
- ENERGY STAR qualified
|Resolution||Resolution 203 dpi/8 dots per mm; 300 dpi/12 dots per mm (optional)|
|Memory||128 MB SDRAM memory; 256 MB on-board Flash memory|
|Maximum Print Width||4.09″/104 mm|
|Maximum Print Speed||6″/152 mm per second (203 dpi); 4″/102 mm per second (300 dpi)|
|Media Sensors||Multi-position transmissive and full-width reflective sensors|
|Maximum Print Length||39.0″/991 mm|
|Maximum Media Width||0.75″/19 mm – 4.25″/108 mm|
|Media Roll Size||Media Roll Size Maximum outside diameter: 5″/127 mm. Core inner diameter: 0.5″/12.7 mm, 1.0″/25.4 mm, 1.375″/35 mm, 1.5″/38 mm, 3″/76 mm|
|Thickness||.003″/0.075 mm to .012″/0.305 mm|
|Media Types||Roll-fed or fan-fed, die-cut or continuous direct thermal labels with or without black line, tag stock, continuous receipt paper, wristbands|
RIBBON CHARACTERISTICS (Thermal-transfer models only)
|Label Liner and Length||Maximum non-continuous: 39″/991 mm Using tear off mode: 0.25″/6.35mm
Minimum with label present sensor used: 0.5″/12.7 mm Minimum with cutter: 1″/25.4 mm
|Width||1.33″/33.8 mm to 4.3″/110 mm|
|Core||0.5″/12.7 mm (inner diameter)|
|Operating Temperature: 40°F to 105°F/4.4°C to 40°C; Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing Storage/Transportation Temperature: -40°F to 140°F/ -40°C to 60°C; Storage Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Electrical||Auto-detectable (PFC Compliant) 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz ENERGY STAR qualified.|
|Emissions: FCC Part 15, Subpart B, VCCI, C-Tick
Emissions and Susceptibility: (CE): EN55022
Class-B, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-0 and EN55024,
Safety: IEC 60950-1:2005 + A1:2009, EN 60950-1:2006 + A11:2009 + A12:2011 + A1:2010 + AC:2011, UL 60950- 1:2007 R12.11, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1-07 + A1:2011 and TUV NRTL
|Weight||4.9 lbs/2.2 kg|
COMMUNICATION AND INTERFACE CAPABILITIES
- RS-232 auto-sensing Serial interface, DB-9 (standard)
- USB V2.0, bi-directional (standard)
- Centronics® Parallel (standard)
- Ethernet — 10/100 internal (standard)
- Wireless — 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0 (optional)
- Link-OS Solutions
- Document Design — Quickly design a customized print solution using your business data and Zebra’s intuitive, plug-and-print design tools.
- Device Integration — Zebra offers apps and products designed to help you integrate Zebra devices into your existing systems.
- Device Management — Manage your print operations locally and globally
- Developer Tools — Provides you the tools you need to create your own apps, including documentation, source code, programming languages, templates and more.
- Web View
Connect and control Zebra barcode printers using ZPL II via the printer’s web interface using common web browsers.
Printers equipped with ZebraNet print servers will notify you via any email enabled, wired, or wireless device to minimize downtime.
- Linear Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, UPC-A and UPC-E with EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions, Plessey, POSTNET, Standard 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS, MSI, Codabar, and GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS)
- 2D Barcodes: PDF417, MicroPDF-417, Code 49, Maxicode, Codablock, Data Matrix, QR code, Aztec
FONTS AND GRAPHICS
- 16 resident expandable ZPL II bitmap fonts
- Two resident scalable ZPL fonts
- Native open type font support
- Unicode® Standard compliant for multi-language, on-demand thermal printing
- 56 MB user available non-volatile memory storage for downloadable objects
- 4 MB user-available SDRAM
- Supports user-defined fonts and graphics — including custom logos
- ZPL II drawing commands — for boxes and lines
- 300 dpi for high-resolution printing
- Wireless — 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0
- Dispenser — label peel and present with present sensor
- Cutter for various media types
- Keyboard Display Unit — ZKDU™ keyboard display units for stand-alone printing applications