<![CDATA[ Rail transport managers and operators find it challenging to balance excellent service with both time and cost saving measures; this is why an optimized Railway Management system is continually sought after. The need is to improve productivity, efficiently utilize assets, ensure safety, and provide the highest level of service. How can a Railway Management System ensure safety? Whether it’s your passengers, operators, cargo, or trackside workers, a system that can provide information on railcar movement, railway conditions, and wagon maintenance will help ensure your railway operation is always meeting safety standards and protocols. How can a Railway Management System enhance operations? A system that can automate train operations monitoring, ensure the integrity of cargo in real-time, and provide instructions to personnel at distribution yards or transfer station regarding railcar cargo will optimize the performance and efficiency of any operation. How can a Railway Management System boost service? By providing travel information and simplifying fare collection, a system can help to create a higher level of customer satisfaction for rail passengers. Here are some common questions we often hear from managers who are struggling with their current Railway Management system:
- We need to track the servicing history that each of our railcars has received
- We want to find a way to secure the cargo we carry and ensure that it is not tampered with
- We are looking for a way to provide real-time travel information to our passengers
- We want better ways of ensuring our trackside work crews are safe
- We need a way to monitor the temperature of the axle bearings for overheating
Railway Management using RFIDRadio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology applications in Railway Management helps to ensure safety, enhance operations, and boost service levels in the rail transport industry. Using a combination of passive and active RFID tags and readers, applications can be setup to provide the following benefits:
- Asset Management for Rail. The ability to track your equipment, railcars, and infrastructure to ensure maximized asset utilization.
- Operations and Productivity. Determine train location, control the positioning of trains to stop at determined positions, and automatically capture the service history of parts, be notified when they are due for servicing, and track their location as they are undergoing maintenance.
- Service and Customer Satisfaction. Receive real-time information on train location and traffic that can be used to update passenger information displays at stations and terminals and automatically collect fares to limit lineups and improve overall travel times.