Quick and Accurate Tracking
Manage your warehouse’s assets effectively and accurately with the GAO RFID system that simplifies the scanning process since no manual scanning is required. Simply have a staff member walk through the warehouse while holding a handheld PC such as a tablet, PDA, pistol grip computing device or an EDA to automatically track each item.
What It Tracks
Our RFID system can track all kinds of commercial warehouse builders’ assets, such as pallets, trolleys, building materials and wholesale supplies.
How It Works
GAO has developed the GAO Commercial Warehouse Builders Asset Management System based on the newest UHF Gen 2 RFID technology. It consists of the following:
- One or multiple handheld PCs, such as tablet PCs, PDAs (personal digital assistants), EDAs (enterprise digital assistants) or pistol grip intelligent terminals
- An RFID object tag for each item
- An RFID location tag for each shelf or area where the item is located
The handheld PC is preinstalled with both an RFID reader and the GAO Commercial Warehouse Builders Asset Management Software. It also has a built-in local Wi-Fi network for data transferring, an optional barcode scanner and high-definition camera.
An RFID object tag is attached to each asset for its identification. A suitable tag can be chosen from GAO’s wide selection of tags to fit the specific warehouse assets. There are RFID location tags for all surface types including metal, plastic and glass. An employee can walk through the aisles where the items are located whilst carrying a handheld PC to automatically track the location and inventory of all the items within walking distance of the RFID reader. This improves the accuracy of the scans and is also time efficient as it does not require the manual scanning of each item.
- No system installation is required since tags are placed on each item, and each handheld PC has been preinstalled with an RFID reader and GAO Commercial Warehouse Builders Asset Management System Software
- Utilizes RFID technology and dramatically improves productivity and accuracy. It addresses the issues of traditional barcode-based systems by tracking multiple products at once and overcoming the issue of misread scans due to barcode damage
- Suitable for all types of building material, equipment and other warehouse items
- Suitable for commercial warehouses of all types and sizes
- Suitable for any self-storage warehouse
- Cost efficient method for item and inventory tracking
- One or multiple handheld PCs from GAO, which is preinstalled with a UHF Gen 2 RFID reader and GAO Commercial Warehouse Builder Asset Management Software
- A UHF RFID object tag for each item
- UHF RFID location tags for indicating where each item is located
The Issues Addressed
There are several issues with traditional commercial warehouse builders management systems, most of which are barcode based or manually operated. In the barcode system, a pre-printed barcode number label is attached to each item manually. If these barcode labels get damaged or dirty, the barcode scanner could misread or even fail to read the barcode. Furthermore, barcodes must be read within a close distance and direct line of sight in order for the scanner to read them. To track assets, a staff member must walk through the aisles holding a handheld scanner to visually identify each item, scan it at a very close range and repeat this process for every single item. This makes the scanning process error-prone, labor-intensive and inefficient.