What It Does
The GAO Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management System depends on RFID to keep track of all the inventory your facility manufacturers. Instead of scanning every item manually like the barcode system, the GAO RFID only requires a staff member who will be responsible for walking around the manufacturing area. with a handheld PC such as PDA, tablet, pistol grip handheld computer, or an EDA. Compared to traditional methods, this developed technology has enhanced accuracy and efficiency.
Many problems may happen due to the conventional barcode technologies which are manually operated. In this case, the employees have to print several stickers with a barcode number on it, then manually glue those stickers on every single product. As some of the dolls, toys and games are heavy and cumbersome, if the stickers are dirty or damaged during the transporting process, it hardly reads the barcode correctly. Furthermore, it is challenging that the workers must identify each item among a large number of dolls, toys and games while using the handheld scanner to check at a very close range because the barcode with a direct line of sight needs to be read in a close distance. This complicated process will definitely cause inefficiency, errors during processing and the waste of labor resources.
How It Works
To address these issues, GAO has developed the GAO Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management System based on the latest UHF Gen 2 RFID technology. It consists of:
(1) One or multiple handheld PCs, such as tablet PCs, PDAs (personal digital assistant), EDAs (enterprise digital assistant) or pistol grip intelligent terminals
(2) An RFID object tag for dolls, toys and games
(3) An RFID location tag for each shelf or area where the item is located
The handheld PC is preinstalled with both an RFID reader and the GAO Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management Software. It also normally has built-in Wi-Fi capability to communicate with a server via a local Wi-Fi network for data transferring, an optional barcode scanner and a high-definition camera.
An RFID object tag is attached to each doll, toy and game for its identification. A suitable tag can be chosen from GAO’s wide selection of tags to fit the specific properties of the dolls, toys and games. There are RFID location tags for all surface types including metal, plastic, fabric and even for specific items such as jewelry and glass. An employee can then walk through the aisles of dolls, toys and games with the handheld PC in their hand, automatically taking the inventory by walking within range of the doll, toy and game. The RFID reader has a further range than a conventional barcode scanner, automatically tracking the location and inventory of each item simply by walking within the range. Therefore, no manual scanning of each item is needed. This dramatically improves accuracy and efficiency over conventional methods and reduces damage as the dolls, toys and games do not need to be handled by the employee to scan them.
- No system installation is required since tags are simply placed on dolls, toys and games and shelves or something indicating location, and each handheld PC has been preinstalled with an RFID reader and GAO Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management Software.
- GAO RFID Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management System completely enhances efficiency and accuracy during the tracking process, saves labour cost, and reduces additional time spent for tracking by conventional systems like the barcode systems.
- Suitable for dolls, toys and games of all types
- Suitable for any doll, toy and game store of any size
- One or multiple handheld PCs from GAO, which will be preinstalled with a UHF Gen 2 RFID reader and GAO Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management Software
- A UHF RFID object tag for each box in inventory
- UHF RFID location tags indicating which shelf inventory is located
GAO Doll, Toy and Game Manufacturing Inventory Management System can be effectively used to manage the inventory in your warehouse waiting to be shipped.